.

Blog Archive

Facebook

Classic Movie Review

Monday, October 27, 2014

It Happened One Night


I thought I would start off with a movie everyone, from the newcomer to advanced watcher of classic cinema could enjoy.

“It Happened One Night” is a romantic comedy about a spoiled heiress and a regular old journalist making their way to New York. The two come from separate worlds but perhaps that isn’t such a bad thing. 




Claudette Colbert seemingly was born into this role as she sucks the viewer right in when she assertively takes charge on the highway or innocently is lost in a world she has never had much to do with. Both being endearing, where it could have been obnoxious. 



Clark Gable is the lead man and the comedic timing is wonderful. Never does he overwhelm his costar, like a true great he plays off her and the others surrounding him. I don’t think anyone else could have taken the lead man in this movie.




Without giving too much away for those who haven’t seen it, I will tell you that it evoked feelings of being in a dreamy cloud throughout the entire movie. Now I do pay credit to the lighting but also the chemistry between these two definitely had something to do with it. 

However don’t think that this is all romance and no comedy because there are plenty of laughs that will bring a smile to those who have had the worst of days. 

Even as this movie ended I didn’t want the walls of Jericho to fall, I wanted to stay a little longer in this world of zany paper men and sing along with drunken travelers.

If you haven’t seen it, or are aprehensive about classic movies in general,  you should watch this one. It Happened One Night will surely change your mind and you might even be tempted to watch more. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+ Addthis
 

On the Go!

About Us

Recent News