Pressed Powder Duel
It’s Thursday and you know what that means lovely product reviews. Well this week I thought I would do something less flashy, yet something just as vintage as lipstick, pressed powder.
Recently I have changed from using Revlon Color Stay pressed powder to Cover Girl Clean, because of the cost. So I thought I would review both side by side this week. Now if you would like to know what my review guidelines are you can refer back to last weeks post for a better understanding.
Cover Girl “Clean” Powder:
This product is a nice a little addition to my makeup bag. Its modern look is appealing to a lot of people and the blue is a nice touch.
Powder is simple enough to use on its own, however the one thing this particular product is lacking is a space for the applicator it comes with. For the price though I am happy enough that it comes with a mirror and it’s passed the purse durability test.
As far as my skin goes, this one is not as flawless looking as Revlon, and gives a caked on look if applied to heavy. Though a thin layer is something to strive for anyhow. I have been having a tough time with my skin due to the season change so I can’t say if this is the reason for my small breakouts here and there or if it’s the Olay face soap (to be reviewed next week).
All in all I give this little powder: <3 <3 (It does the job)
This was my first pressed powder and if what they say about first loves is true than perhaps I am bias. The design I had was an all closed lid and the rest the same as the photo. The sleek black design felt as if I was calling upon the spirits of Lucille Ball and Lauren Becall every time I opened it. Okay that may be a bit dramatic, but I was excited to use it. Also it had a compartment for the applicator which is nice when you’re juggling makeup in a tiny bathroom.
Though I daresay that I paid for these luxuries, maybe not MAC or Sephora prices but for a gal on budget $10 is still a bit much sometimes. The way it worked on my skin though was worth every penny. It covered with a Golden Era movie glow and its staying power is grand. Having oily skin sometimes reapplication is a must every hour or so, but not too much with this and only to the T-zone after about three hours. It didn’t clog my pores too bad, and washed away easily.
After writing this love letter I give this powder: <3 <3 <3 (what did you expect)


0 comments:
Post a Comment